Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. Spot Supper
It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 19:10

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Vikki
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2006, 19:05 
Construing Tacitus in the SCR

Name: Vikki

Age (ish!): 28 (another two years and I start working backwards........)

Location (approximate - no actual address, please!): near Windsor

SLOCs/children/pets/imaginary friends: none/none/ a collection of bears that could probably count as both pets AND imaginary friends..... :wink: (and some of whom even post on the CBB......)

Favourite and least favourite books and characters: hmmmmm....
I have a soft spot for New House as it was the first one I read, but other than that, it depends on my mood really.

How you got into the Chalet School: Picked up New House in the library at age 8 or 9, when I was one short of my quota of books, and it went from there. I read everything they had in the library MANY times, and used to coax my mum to buy me one every time we went shopping. I stopped reading them for a while when I was 12-14 ish, but didn't get rid of them. went back to them one summer, and managed to collect the rest of the series as armada printed them (Completed my collection with Joey Goes to the Oberland when I was 18 ) I found out about FOCS about 4 years ago, joined and found out they were abridged, so I started collecting hardbacks, then I found the CBB........

I now have a complete set of HBs (including the original Rosalie, the cookbook and the three Chalet books for girls - and a large credit card bill)
and am working on a set of the GGB reprints (and I can't bring myself to part with my paperbacks, too much sentimental value, plus I had a habit when I was small of nibbling the corners of books, so some of mine are in rather a shameful state :oops: )

Friends bring out the beautiful things in each other that no one else looks hard enough to find

Top | End

Post subject: Re: Vikki
PostPosted: 06 May 2006, 18:04 

Tiffany wrote:
Vikki wrote:
I had a habit when I was small of nibbling the corners of books, so some of mine are in rather a shameful state :oops: )

You see, it's not just me that eats things! Hurrah!

I found out a few years ago that my aunt (dad's sister) ALSO used to eat the corners of her books, so I think it must have been genetic! :wink:

Friends bring out the beautiful things in each other that no one else looks hard enough to find

Top | End

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. Spot Supper
It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 19:10