Login   Register     FAQ    Members

View unanswered posts   View active topics

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. Spot Supper
It is currently 20 Jul 2018, 06:09

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Profiles - L
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2006, 17:04 
Hemming sheets
Hemming sheets

Name: Laura V

Age (ish!): I be 23!

Location (approximate - no actual address, please!): Southport, Merseyside :x

SLOCs/children/pets/imaginary friends: none/none/ pretty kitty Penny and lots of tropical fish!/none

Favourite character: Cornelia, Evadne and Grizel!

Favourite book
: I love Exile! :D , also Head Girl and any of the stories set at Plas Howel (except Rosalie and Mystery :? )

least favourite book: Mystery, Rosalie, Peggy. Anyone else find Reunion really disappointing?

least favourite characters: Madge (eek!), Joey and of course Mary-Lou

How you got into the Chalet School:
my Mum picked up a copy of Eustacia for me at the age of 10, the rest is history!

Other stuff: graduate without a good job :cry: ! I sleep walk and sleep talk :P !

Top | End

Post subject: Lizzie
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2006, 18:32 
Being told to stand on your own two feet
Being told to stand on your own two feet

Name: Lizzie

Location: A little village half way between London and Norwich. Now there's cryptic for you...

SLOCs/children/pets/imaginary friends: No SLOC, no children, no pets, no imaginary friends. Wow, what an interesting life I do lead. I do have an unimaginary family and unimaginary friends though...

Favourite and least favourite books and characters: Exile and Princess are my favourite books, I don't really have a least favourite but I enjoy the later books less, they're less sparkly. In terms of characters, I love young Jo (older Jo gets a bit tiresome), young Mary Lou, Cornelia Flower and Wanda von Eschenau (just wanted hair like hers). Also, the obligatory hot doctors.

How you got into the Chalet School: Various family members quizzing each other over the dinner table and quoting obscure characters such as the headmistress of St Scholastika did the trick.

Music currently playing on your computer: Regina Spektor

Movie last seen at the cinema: 'She's The Man', an American high school retelling of Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night'. Awesome. My dear friend Beth saw it at the cinema with me yesterday, she's practically the only person I know who'd watch such a film with me. Except maybe my sister, she has 'Au Pair' and 'Au Pair II' on tape. If you've been unfortunate enough to see one of these films, let alone BOTH of them, you'll understand.

Top | End

Post subject: Liane
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2006, 19:19 
Being a disappointment to Miss Annersley
Being a disappointment to Miss Annersley

Name: Liane

Age (ish!): 22 (eep)

Location (approximate - no actual address, please!): Denton, Manchester

SLOCs/children/pets/imaginary friends: None

Favourite and least favourite books and characters: Depends on my mood

How you got into the Chalet School I was staying at my Nana's and she had a copy of 'Althea' stashed in a cupboard. I didn't start collecting though until just over a year ago.

Top | End

Post subject: little_sarah
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2006, 23:53 
Arranging your timetable with Miss Dene

Name: Sarah

Age (ish!): 20 (or halfway to 40 as the lovely SLOC puts it!)

Location (approximate - no actual address, please!): Liverpool in termtime, Stockport during hols.

SLOCs/children/pets/imaginary friends: One, the lovely Alex / Not yet / nope, but we may be getting a kitten soon :D / none that talk to me anymore, I think they've outgrown me

Favourite and least favourite books and characters: I can never decide! My favourite book is generally the one I'm reading at the time. There isn't a single book that really stands out to me as the worst either. As for favourite characters, I always loved the Robin.

How you got into the Chalet School: I can't really remember, think I was given one or two of the Tyrol books when I was about 8.

Other stuff: I'm a history student, general Scout-y person (Beavers is taking over my life!) and really quite hyper. Am currently mourning the fact that I couldn't find a single Chalet book when I went home-really hoping they'll be in the last bit of the loft we've not checked yet...

Top | End

Post subject: Lesley
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2006, 00:26 
Blushing when a friend mentions a doctor
Blushing when a friend mentions a doctor

Name: Lesley

Age (ish!): Mid way through the decade where life is supposed to begin! :shock:

Location (approximate - no actual address, please!): Allhallows, Kent

SLOCs/children/pets/imaginary friends: Owned by two cats - Raven and Rowan - named after characters in an Anne McCaffrey series.

Favourite and least favourite books and characters:
Hmmm, well favourite character is Hilda Annersley, although Nell Wilson runs her a close second - and that was really difficult to guess, wasn't it? :lol:
Favourite book? prefer the Austrian and England ones to Switzerland, possibly Exile or Gay.
Least favourite character? Not fond of Joey in the later books - far too overwhelming, but liked her in earlier books.
Least favorite book? Not sure - possibly Redheads - no way would Hilda have just sat there!

How you got into the Chalet School: Parents bought me Princess when I was about 8 to wean me off of Enid Blyton - it worked! Collected all through teens and into twenties - even getting used to going into Children's section to look at books. Collected all the series in paperback.

How did I join CBB? A friend mentioned that there were websites on the Net devoted to Chalet School - I checked and found this one.

Top | End

Post subject: Lindsay
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2006, 20:03 
First Lesson
First Lesson

Name: Lindsay (see how creative I was with my boardname?)

In the thread title please put your boardname, then your real name (if different/wanted) in brackets afterwards

Age (ish!): 21

Location (approximate - no actual address, please!): Heidelberg in Germany at the time of writing, but usually Kidderminster, where I live, or Sheffield, where I go to uni

SLOCs/children/pets/imaginary friends: Alas, I am alone and imaginary-friendless, but I do have a very shiny and slightly crazy cat called Kiki and an imaginary goldfish called Theodoric the Ostrogoth

Favourite and least favourite books and characters: Favourite book is Exile (romance, adventure, this book has it all :D !). Favourite character is a tough one...I like Joey in her younger days (gets a bit more predictable with age, I think) and her coterie of Simone, Frieda & Marie in particular. Also Len in the later books. Least favourite is the whiny little brat that is Joyce Linton, and I don't have a least favourite book as such, since I haven't read them all, so I'm reserving judgement for now!

How you got into the Chalet School: I seem to remember my mum presenting me with a copy of 'School at...' when I was about nine or ten, whereupon I embarked on a mission to read as much of the series as poss. Gave up after a while, but returned to the Chalet world a couple of years ago in a fit of nostalgia, and can't seem to find my way out.

"All young ladies are accomplished. They sing, they draw, they dance, speak French and German, cover screens and I know not what." (Mr. Bingley, P&P) - Well, I'm half way there; can't dance, but does anyone know how to cover a screen?

Top | End

Post subject: Lucy
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2006, 20:11 
Somehow making an enemy
Somehow making an enemy

Age (ish!): 27

Location (approximate - no actual address, please!): Leeds

SLOCs/children/pets/imaginary friends: 1 SLOC, nothing else!

Favourite and least favourite books and characters:

Well last time I wrote this I would have said my least favourite characters were Mary-Lou and Grizel. However, thanks to Mia and LizB's wonderful drabbles I'm not sure thats still the case. Can't really think of a least favourite character. Possibly Jem? Not sure really.

Favourite character: Joey. No doubt about it.

How you got into the Chalet School: I was ill at my Granny's and found a hardback of Highland Twins. Never imagined I'd still be reading and obsessively collecting the books now, never mind meeting up with other people who felt the same! Isn't the CBB brilliant :D

Top | End

Post subject: Lucy B (Claire)
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2006, 23:31 
Arguing with your guardian

Name: Claire, but seem to have spent a lot of time as Lucy, fishface, short stuff, sausage, pudding... My family have vivid imaginations.

Age (ish!): nearly 21

Location (approximate - no actual address, please!): New Zealand (Christchurch)

SLOCs/children/pets/imaginary friends: Unfortunately, I only have pets. Well, my family does, and I put up with them under protest.

Favourite and least favourite books and characters: I am incredibly uncritical, and like them all, more or less. If I had to choose, I'd probably say Jo Returns is my favourite, and Gay my least (I cannot stand Miss Bubb).

How you got into the Chalet School: My friend and I read Rivals when we were about 8, and then discovered that there were hundreds of these books. And we've never looked back.

I've been lurking for nearly 2 years, and felt that the new board was a good time to take the plunge!

Top | End

Post subject: LL (Lydia) :D
PostPosted: 05 May 2006, 10:40 
Learning the difference - can and may
Learning the difference - can and may

Oooh I get to talk about myself! *g*

Name: LL or Lydia

Age (ish!): 19

Location (approximate - no actual address, please!): Woodside Park/ Chancery Lane/ Bermondsey/ on the underground!, London, UK

SLOCs/children/pets/imaginary friends: wonderful SLOC called Graham :D / none thank goodness/ wanting lots of pets/ lots of imaginary friends, but the real ones are way better!

Favourite and least favourite books and characters: Jo to the Rescue, School HB, Con, Gay, Jack Lambert... Least favourite: Feud, Thekla of course, anyone who is bossy, Joey sometimes, Mary-Lou because she reminds me of my big sister!

How you got into the Chalet School: My sister took me to that shelf in the library when I was 8 or 9, after I'd discovered Tom lying around the house, and said 'you have to read these'. I've been reading them ever since! Now she and my mom borrow from my collection, lol :lol: Now missing about 9 from a full CS collection and have quite a few fill-ins and other EBD things.

Um, what else? Ask if you want to know anything. I'm not that much of a prolific poster these days, but I love mini-gathers and attend as many as possible, so you'll probably see me soon! I also do a lot on MSN, AIM, YIM and livejournal, so feel free to add me on any of those.

Yay for friends!

Top | End

Post subject: Le Petite Em (Em)
PostPosted: 12 May 2006, 19:02 
Learning to stand on your own two feet
Learning to stand on your own two feet

Name: Emma

SLOCs/children/pets/imaginary friends: No SLOC, no kids, (thank goodness! :lol: ) two black cats, I love my likkle Leo baba!!! and no imaginary friends!!

Favourite and least favourite books and characters: Exile is most definitely my favourite book, it's just so dramatic and exciting. Also, I got reunion out of the library when they still had some CS books, I was about 8, and what I remember of that I love. I don't like Excitements, it's just really not that exciting! My favourite character.. hmm hard one, but I've always liked Amy Stevens, and felt sorry for her because EBD made her be ill so much, Barbara Chester and Vi. I have never liked Grizel and, strangely enough, I often find Miss Annersley quite patronising!!

How you got into the Chalet School: My wonderful mummy bought me a tape of Jo at when I was 6 ish, well quite young anyway, and I was hooked from then until was 12. I rediscovered the books in Augusty time last year when I discovered that Willow loved them too. I don't know how we didn't notice before, we've known each other for years!!! :lol:

Top | End

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

Board index .:|:. Sharing the Hanes :: Community .:|:. Spot Supper
It is currently 20 Jul 2018, 06:09