Gillian Culver
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

The CBB -> Joey's Trunk

#1: Gillian Culver Author: FatimaLocation: Sunny Qatar PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:02 pm
    —
I was wondering if there was any mention of Gill being a prefect, and if so, of what. I know there's a missing bit before she's head girl, so maybe we don't hear of her being made a prefect. And was she ever the head of her form?
And was her second prefect Jacynth?
Thanks!

#2:  Author: Alison HLocation: Manchester PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:43 pm
    —
I have a vague recollection of a prefect bringing a message in one of the books - could possibly be Three Go - and the mistress saying "Thank you Gillian" ... but my brain is still in Turkey and not working very well so I can't remember the details! Will try to think!

#3:  Author: KBLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:55 pm
    —
That is indeed Three Go and is Gillian's one and only book as Head Girl. However, there's no actual description of her being appointed either HG or prefect.

Other prefects of the time include:
Peggy Bettany (sub prefect)
Gay Lambert
Jacynth Hardy
Mollie Avery
Nancy Canton
Janet Scott
However no actual job titles are given.

#4:  Author: jenniferLocation: Taiwan PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:14 am
    —
There's also a mention of a prefect named "Joanna" in Three Go - possibly Joanna Linders right before she leaves school (Verity is rude to her about talking German).

Jacynth and Gay are 2nd prefect and Games prefect in Rosalie, but that's a whopping EBDism as they were in Upper 4 and Lower 5 respectively in Mystery, earlier that year, which is consistent with the previous few books.

Kathie Robertson is also prefect in Island, which would be the same year.

#5:  Author: Loryat PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:49 pm
    —
What happens to Gillian Culver? She seems to vanish of the face of the earth! Am I wrong in thinking Jacynth is HG in Island?

#6:  Author: MiriamLocation: Jerusalem, Israel PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:05 am
    —
I'm at work at the moment, so I can't check, but there is something about this at the beginning of 'Oberland'. I think upon leaving school she went abraod to stay with a brother, maybe housekeeping etc for him, before coming back and doing her secraterial course. They might have been living in Kenya, but it could be somewhere else.

#7:  Author: FatimaLocation: Sunny Qatar PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:37 am
    —
Yes, she was in Kenya with a married sister. She then returned to do a secretarial course, joined the finishing branch of the CS and the rest is history!

The CBB -> Joey's Trunk

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1