Scandalous behaviour!!
The CBB -> Anything Else

#1: Scandalous behaviour!! Author: AllyLocation: Jack Maynard's Dressing Room!! PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:20 pm

I found this quote in Gay and just had to share:

Quote:
Matron put down the last blanket, then sat on the edge of the mattress, and read through Jos lengthy effusion.

Tut, tut, naughty Matey!! Very Happy

Also, though its not scandalous, this quote from Feud made me giggle and reminisce about a certain drabble: (and I was too lazy to start another topic)

Quote:
Miss Annersley came last in a pretty lime-green woollen frock

#2:  Author: GemLocation: Saltash, Cornwall (holidays), Aberystwyth (termtime from September) PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:00 pm

*g*

Obviously Matey is the only one allowed to sit on beds!

#3:  Author: LesleyLocation: Rochester, Kent PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:25 pm

What was it with EBD and lime-green? Shocked

#4:  Author: DawnLocation: Leeds, West Yorks PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:39 pm

Wasn't it a very 1960's colour?

trying desperately to think when various books were written

#5:  Author: AlexLocation: Manchester PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:48 pm

Don't really see Hilda as a lime-green kind of woman. Where's Lesley?

#6:  Author: MissPrintLocation: Edinburgh PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:51 am

Decidedly not, I see Hilda in heathery shades or else light blue.

Now I'm definitley your lime green kind of gal. I doubt it suits me, but I like it. It's a very cheerful hue. I wore a lime green top and lime and black stiped trousers when I gave a speech to an audience of psychiatrists and assorted health professionals (and the health minister). I thought it would be a nice splash of colour amongst the suits. Probably it confirmed their worst suspiscions about me; that I'm not only mad, but lime green and mad.

#7:  Author: LesleyLocation: Rochester, Kent PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:18 pm

Definitely blues I think! Laughing

I expect Elinor made her wear lime-green. Twisted Evil

#8:  Author: MiriamLocation: Jerusalem, Israel PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:28 pm

The shade wasn't specified, but Hilda was 'gracing the scene' in a green dress for the St Patricks Day celebration when the pantomime was cancelled due to most of the costumes being burnt. (In Two Sams, I think).

She was also referred to on one occasion (and I have no idea where) as having been waering her scarlet twin-set before break, though now she is in full regalia - ie her MA gown. She had called an assembley for some reason, but as I don't remember the book, I don't know why.

She is often reffered to as wearing blue - to match her eyes, presumably.

#9:  Author: LizBLocation: Oxon, England PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:23 pm

But aren't her eyes grey?

Liz

#10:  Author: LesleyLocation: Rochester, Kent PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:45 pm

Her eyes are referred to as grey in some books - but in the vast majority they are 'blue-grey'. When I write about her I mention that her eyes can change colour if she becomes angry or upset.

#11:  Author: claireLocation: South Wales PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:32 pm

Maybe they are grey - unless she is wearing blue in which case they reflect the colour and appear to be bluey-grey

#12:  Author: Carolyn PLocation: Lancaster, England PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:43 pm

I've found that quite a few of the 'blue' eyed people in my family actually have eye colour that changes, in my dad's case between blue, green and grey. Grey tends to indicate tiredness or illness,and the more vivid the predominante colour the weller and more high spirited or emotional they feel. It's odd to see the changes between blue and green though.

#13:  Author: KateLocation: Ireland PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:43 pm

Miriam wrote:
She was also referred to on one occasion (and I have no idea where) as having been waering her scarlet twin-set before break, though now she is in full regalia - ie her MA gown. She had called an assembley for some reason, but as I don't remember the book, I don't know why.
It was Excitements, when they announce the Coming of Age celebrations...

My eyes change colour too... from brown to green... I can't figure out if it relates to my mood or not. People do tend to say to me that I have lovely eyes though... A man old enough to be my grandfather told me that yesterday!

#14:  Author: ChelseaLocation: Your Imagination PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:12 am

I have brown/green hazel eyes that do change colour. Both to do with mood/illness and what I am wearing.

My mother used to always be able to tell when I was feeling 'off' by what my eyes looked like. The black rim around them also gets thicker when I feel yucky.

#15:  Author: MiriamLocation: Jerusalem, Israel PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:33 am

LizB wrote:
But aren't her eyes grey?

Liz

Her eyes are steely grey and resenble peices of ice when she is telling someone off, but they are blue when she has 'never yet needed glasses'!

The CBB -> Anything Else

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1